When I told Curator Jessica that I had found two dozen Class of 1965 graduation cards in a box in the attic, she said, “I guess things chiseled on stone tablets last a long time.” Youngsters today have no respect for their elders.
I’ve done stories or posted pictures of quite a few of these folks. You might have to scroll around on the page to find some of them.
- Ronald Dost in Trinity Lutheran School’s Safety Patrol
- John McGill on the last day of school
- Al Spradling II and III
- Pat Sommers in one of the few photos where he is not proclaiming himself No. 1
- Walter Stafford in the library, which would be expected
More of the Class of ’65
- Steve Crowe’s Corvette
- Joe Snell, his Dad and his Mother
- Pat Johnson watching the Beatles (Pat Sommers and some other 65ers are there, too.)
- Mary Rogers in music class
- Majorette Gwen Petty
Do you want your card back?
- Shari Stiver was my first high school girl friend. She, Jim Stone and I reconnected in 2010.
- Artist Marcia Maupin worked on posters to boost Girardot sales.
- Terry Rose invited me to sit at the 2013 version of the Cool Table.