The “School with No Name”
It wasn’t until 1971 that the 8-inch-high white plastic letters were placed above the door. Money for the sign was raised by the Student Council, which sold school supplies and held a used book sale.
This photo of the now-demolished old Franklin was taken in 2010.
Earlier stories and photos of Franklin School
- Franklin – the school with no name
- July 2011 photos of school and construction
- Franklin steps in 2001
- Franklin’s north wing gone
- Franklin School Safety Patrol
- Mid-’60s aerial photos of Franklin School
- Franklin School – Mud and Memories
- Taking one for the team – a bee sting at Franklin