Christmas 2014 was a low-key affair down here in Florida. Son Matt and family were in North Carolina with Sarah’s grandmother; Brother Mark and Robin were in Cape with Mother; Adam and his brood celebrated at their home, then came over in the afternoon to wear out the grandparents.
Neighbor / Class of ’66er Bill / Jacqie Jackson decided we have had enough turkey for the year, so he bought and roasted a 10-1/2 pound slab of dead cow for us to snack on. Moistest, most tender piece of meat I’ve had in a long time. (You can click on the photos to make them larger, but you might want to use caution if you are on a diet.)
Christmas stories from the past
- First Christmas as a married couple. One of my favorites from way back in 1969.
- Cape’s 1965 live nativity scene on the Common Pleas Courthouse lawn.
- Hutson’s window display.
- Christmas Eve service at St. Mary’s Cathedral in 1967.
- Altenburg’s Lutheran Heritage Center and Museum Christmas tree exhibit in 2010.
- Video of Brother David and Dad putting his first bike together.
North County Park
- North County Park Christmas lights in 2011.
- Family decorations that make it Christmas.
- Archie Smiley’s family Christmas
- Steinhoff family St. Louis Christmas in 2000.
Looking for the perfect tree
Bean dip food drive
- Twenty cases of bean dip food drive
- Christmas snow comes to Cape
- Son Matt creates unusual Christmas “tree” from bike wheels.