One topic that’s always sure to draw a lot of comments is the Blue Hole BBQ Garden on South Sprigg (and later on Kingshighway not far from Central High School). The topic lit up a Cape Girardeau-oriented Facebook page this week.
Someone mentioned the green trailer that was parked where the old landmark building was located. I said that the last time I was there, there was a big tree cleaving the trailer in two.
I was running some errands just before the sun went down, but I thought I’d take a swing by to see if the trailer was still there.
Remember climbing on the rocks?
Earlier stories about the Blue Hole
- The history of the Blue Hole
- Cape Central Centennial book reproduced Blue Hole ad
- The hunt for genuine Blue Hole BBQ sauce (it’s a secret)
- The Blue Hole quarry that gave the Blue Hole its name
- An aerial view of the Blue Hole Quarry before it was blasted