I should have run these photos when it was unseasonably warm back in Cape a couple of weeks ago. They’ll have to serve as reminders of warmer days now that smoke is coming out of Cape Girardeau chimneys.
I’m assuming that it was a lifesaving class at Capaha Park Pool in 1964. I see some faces that look familiar, but I’ll let you put names to them.
Other pool photos
- Photos of a dance held on the pool deck
- Photos of Jackson’s old pool
- Cement plant’s Natatorium
- 1960s aerial photos of park and surrounding neighborhoods
- 1964 swim meet
- Cleaning and painting the pool
- Cape pool just before it was razed
- Lifeguards share memories of the pool
Lifesaving photo gallery
Click on any photo to make it larger, then click on the left or right side of the image to move through the gallery. Name guesses are encouraged.