This was shot July 25, 2014, through an opening in yet one more building being torn down in Cairo. Click on the photos to make them larger.
Didn’t look bad in 2012
Appearances are deceiving
It’s all over
Some bricks being salvaged
Speaking of recycling, I’ve photographed Cairo since the 1960s. Here are some older stories and photos.
- More disappearing Cairo
- An overview of Cairo
- The Delta Queen visits Cairo
- The City of Cairo, Illinois, caboose
- 43 years of Cairo photographs
- Video crew visits Cairo
- Barry Goldwater campaigning at the high school
- Cairo’s railroad bridge
- Old fire trucks north of Cairo