Academic Hall has been undergoing some major fixing. Surprisingly enough, the university hasn’t used “structural problems” as an excuse to tear down the iconic building as they seem so prone to do with other Cape landmarks.
Here’s a view of the dome from the north, looking south. You don’t often see it from this side.
Academic Hall Stories
- Missourian webmaster James Baughn offers this information on Academic Hall.
- Academic Hall in 1966 and 2011
- Fred Lynch had a photo of the dome with scaffolding around it.
- Dome reconstruction starts
- Vintage and current SEMO aerials and photos
- 1966 Outstanding Seniors in front of Academic Hall