The Missourian editorialized that the Cape Splash aquatic center is off to a good start in 2012. Hot weather sent 3,713 people to the facility over the holiday weekend. It pointed out that it made more revenue in one hour on May 26 than was collected last year’s entire first day. (To be fair, last year was cool and wet, unlike this year.)
Still, it’s hard not to wish Capaha Park pool was full of splashing and screaming children watched over by attentive lifeguards. If you click on the photo to make it larger, you can see the train on the left and the small amusement rides in the right center.
Earlier stories about pools
- Comprehensive story about the pool from the perspective of some of the lifeguards.
- Photos of the pool just before demolition.
- Missourian photographer Fred Lynch’s photos of equipment gobbling up pool.
- The pool is gone.
- Photos of a dance held on the pool deck
- Photos of Jackson’s old pool
- Cement plant’s Natatorium
- 1960s aerial photos of park and surrounding neighborhoods